Sunday, May 24, 2015

Honest Free Writing: Who is LiraKitty?

   I never was what one might consider to be beautiful. I’m an average height for a girl neither tall enough to model nor short enough to be considered cute. I've always been a bit thick in the shoulders, dwarfing the average shoulder span of a lot of guys. My neck is too thick as is my waist but thankfully I do have a rather nice bust.  My long golden blonde hair always seems lank and greasy no matter how much I wash it, my nose tends to look a bit too big for my face and while my lips are quite full, there is just something about their shape that makes them seem as if they are off kilter. Freckles scatter themselves sporadically across my cheeks, just under my eyes and up and down my nose during the sunny months. My skin comes in three shades: pale white, bright pink and bright red. The amount of sun I decide to torture myself with decides which shade I sport on a day to day basis.
   The only interesting thing on my body is my eyes. I know this because I have spent hours of my life staring at them in the mirror wishing that the rest of me could be that beautiful. I have blue hazel eyes so they range in color from moment to moment and day to day but on most days they remind me of a bright summer sky. I do receive compliments from others on occasion but the only ones I honestly believe are true are the ones about my eyes. They are in fact my only pride.
   My wardrobe has pretty much always consisted of baggy pants, t-shirts, and flannel shirts. Grunge is what they call it, I call it comfy. I never really saw a point in trying to paint myself as something I am not. Girly clothes are pointless, they only emphasize all of the things that I hate about myself. I do wear a sparing amount of makeup in order to hide the offensive freckles that constantly bring attention to my ugly nose. I add the smallest amount of color on my top eyelid in order to draw attention up towards my only pride and joy in the hopes that maybe people around me will only notice the good and not the bad.
   I tend to be a very kind person although I am quite socially awkward. I have never felt as if I fit in and so I have never really learned to relax and interact with other people. Large groups of people make me very anxious, when confronted with them I usually find a corner to silently hide in while fears of people laughing and making fun of me run rampant through my head. This is why I tend to hide away at home between the pages of a book rather than going out and socializing. This is also why the internet has become my best friend.
   It is here in safe, anonymous confines of the internet that I have found a place where I can share myself with the world. It is here, that I have learned to overcome fear of failure and judgement and allowed myself to fly free just as I have always wished that I could.


No comments:

Post a Comment